AN ODE TO A CLASSIC
An emulation of the Casio VL-Tone, the classic digital calculator/synthesizer hybrid released in the summer of 1979 and manufactured until 1984, Calc-U-Synth delightfully recreates this nearly-forgotten vintage synth.
Designed to present the full capabilities of the VL-Tone’s programmable features in a more-convenient interface, Calc-U-Synth retains the true character of the instrument, even including a full modelling of the synth's built-in speaker, for a truly authentic tone.
We created Calc-U-Synth using the Reaktor Blocks framework. That means when using this digital synthesizer software with the full version of Reaktor, you can incorporate the blocks into your own creations. If you're interested, check out our Heavocity Reaktor product for more synth sounds.
Calc-U-Synth was created by Icebreaker Audio, the brainchild of Adam Hanley, whose name appears in the credits of many high-profile Kontakt and Reaktor products. He is also responsible for the Kontakt scripting here at Heavyocity, pushing the limits of the platform to bring even our craziest ideas to life.
- Requires Reaktor or Reaktor Player (version 6.2 or later)
- Size: 19.5 MB (on disk)
- Available as direct download only
- 74 Snapshots
- 9 Reaktor Blocks for Reaktor Full users
- Powered by the Reaktor Engine
- Reaktor or Reaktor Player (version 6.2 or later) required.
- Minimum System Requirements
- Mac: OS X 10.10, 10.11 or macOS 10.12 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- PC: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit) Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2