AN ODE TO A CLASSIC
An emulation of the Casio VL-Tone, the classic digital calculator/synthesizer hybrid released in the summer of 1979 and manufactured until 1984, Calc-U-Synth delightfully recreates this nearly-forgotten vintage synth.
Designed to present the full capabilities of the VL-Tone’s programmable features in a more-convenient interface, Calc-U-Synth retains the true character of the instrument, even including a full modelling of the synth's built-in speaker, for a truly authentic tone.
We created Calc-U-Synth using the Reaktor Blocks framework. That means when using this digital synthesizer software with the full version of Reaktor, you can incorporate the blocks into your own creations.
Calc-U-Synth was created by Icebreaker Audio, the brainchild of Adam Hanley, whose name appears in the credits of many high-profile Kontakt and Reaktor products. He is also responsible for the Kontakt scripting here at Heavyocity, pushing the limits of the platform to bring even our craziest ideas to life.
- Requires Reaktor or Reaktor Player (version 6.2 or later)
- Size: 19.5 MB (on disk)
- Available as direct download only
- 74 Snapshots
- 9 Reaktor Blocks for Reaktor Full users
- Powered by the Reaktor Engine
- Reaktor or Reaktor Player (version 6.2 or later) required.
- Minimum System Requirements
- Mac: OS X 10.10, 10.11 or macOS 10.12 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo
- PC: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit) Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2