The Damaged Orchestra
We've deconstructed the orchestra—rebuilding it from the ground up to push the bounds of power, creativity, and aggression in modern scoring.
Thrilling traditional combinations. Visceral sound design.
And the gnarliest Braams you've ever heard.
MORE TO DAMAGE
This is what it sounds like when we apply the epic approach of Damage 2 to the orchestra. A collection of hybrid DAMAGED elements—like Full Orchestra Portatos saturated with analog gear—that attack your cues with the same energy and vigor that you do.
DESIGN YOUR SCORE
The heart of Symphonic Destruction (the SD Designer) is all about POWER. In this orchestral VST, we rebuilt the orchestra to combine creative organic, inspiring rhythmic, and signature sound design elements, unleashing a new generation of epic, cinematic scores.
The Braams in SD haven't just been created, they've been unearthed from the ground and violently destroyed. Coupled with the innovative Braam Designer—deconstructing each Braam to its unique components—and the endless combinations will ensure your Braam well never runs dry.
Whether you're scoring an intense chase scene or a nail-biting thriller, you're going to need dynamic rhythmic elements to drive your scene forward. Good thing Symphonic Destruction includes nearly 100 inspiring rhythmic pedals, ranging from the sweet to the severe, the delicate to the destroyed.
We know you use 'em (it's okay, we do too). And if you're gonna use loops, you might as well use the best ones out there. And here comes SD to refill your tonal loop tank, complete with the most thrilling, the most inspiring, and the MOST EPIC melodic motif loops you've got in your arsenal.
It's an all-new approach to orchestral scoring, combining traditional, hybrid, synth, heavy guitars—anything to level up the epic of your composition. One thing's for sure...the orchestra will never be the same.
It's not just that Symphonic Destruction contains an insane amount of incredibly-usable hybrid cinematic content. It's that the powerful SD Engine also contains the sound-shaping capabilities to never stop making that content new.
True inspiration in an instrument comes from the power to move, to challenge, and to inspire the composer. Symphonic Destruction is up to the task. Fire it up, and you'll see: In preset after preset, patch after patch, there's a film cue laid out across the 88 keys.
People Are Talking
Awards, Reviews, and Testimonials
Heavyocity made the definitive percussion library with Damage 2. They’ve now brought that same ingenuity to the orchestra with Symphonic Destruction. This is a must-have library.
Bombshell, The Devil Wears Prada, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Dark, powerful, and creatively inspirational, if you are looking for the perfect melodic and gritty complement to Damage 2, then Symphonic Destruction is one beast of a release!
Let’s just start with the name, how could “Symphonic Destruction” not be cool? Seriously though, sonically it’s very modern sounding, which I look for. It just has a Cinematic quality to it that I love, amazing instrument. Into my palette it goes...
2-time Emmy Award-Winning Composer, Vikings, London Has Fallen, Big Sky
What is there to say? This is Heavyocity at their strongest yet. A no-brainer purchase for anyone looking for that modern edge and grit!
Dead Space Series, Far Cry Primal, Tomb Raider
Symphonic Destruction picks up where D2 left off: applying the same super-useful functionality to new symphonic/tonal source material. Heavyocity continues to set standards for what media-composers really need. Just the Braam Designer alone makes this worth getting!
Halt and Catch Fire, Underworld, Monster Hunter
I love the raw energy and the impressive hybrid orchestral sound of Symphonic Destruction! My favorite aspects of the library are the Loop Designer, Damaged Guitars, and Damaged Pedals. I look forward to pairing this with my copy of Damage 2.
Tag, Dora and the Lost City of Gold, Little
- Over 11,800 Samples
- 445 Sources (Full Content Breakdown)
- 210 Custom-Designed Presets
- 4 Unique Engines:
- SD Designer
- Intuitive Browser to load in 400+ sources in 3 banks
- CYCLE page for advanced granular & rhythmic playback
- MACRO knob for dynamic multi-parameter control
- Braam Designer
- 108 unique Tonal Hits (36 with 3 stems – Subs, Mids, Tails)
- Loop Designer
- 216 Loops
- 144 Motifs (72 straight, 72 triplet)
- 72 Rhythmic Pedals (36 straight, 36 triplet)
- 216 Loops
- Traditional – 30 articulations
- Hybrid – 25 articulations
- Damaged – 16 articulations
- Soundscapes – 26 articulations
- Traditional Pedals – 24 (tempo-synced, multi-sampled)
- Hybrid Pedals – 24 (tempo-synced, multi-sampled)
- Damaged Pedals – 24 (tempo-synced, multi-sampled)
- Damaged Guitars – 24 (tempo-synced, multi-sampled)
- SD Designer
- 26.71 GB uncompressed (17.4 GB on Disk with NI lossless compression)
- Powered by the Kontakt 6.6.1 Engine
- Kontakt 6.6.1 (Player) or later
- Komplete Kontrol integrated (NKS-ready)
- Available as direct download only
- Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Minimum System Requirements:
- Mac: macOS 10.13, 10.14, 10.15, or 11 (latest update), i5
- PC: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack), Intel Core i5 or equivalent CPU, 2 GB RAM
- Graphics hardware support for OpenGL 2.1 or higher
- 4 GB RAM (6 GB recommended for large KONTAKT Instruments)