MOVING, EXPRESSIVE CHAMBER STRINGS
Rhythmic Textures reflects the subtle and certain magic that occurs when the right mics and the right preamps in the right room capture bow meeting string in just the right way. Rhythmic Textures delivers 16 moving articulations, ready to inject life and drive into your score.
Featuring deliberately-composed rhythmic elements, played together in intimate chamber string ensembles, Rhythmic Textures embodies these ensemble articulations—from cellos layering sul ponticello tremolos over swells to violin staccatos played over col legno tapping.
Organic, rhythmic string sources are perfect for processing with the award-wnning NOVO engine. Build driving, effected rhythmic string beds, combining traditional and treated sources with the dynamic hybrid side of Rhythmic Textures.
Over 220 carefully-crafted snapshot presets serve as inspiring starting points -- laying the groundwork for you to spend less time tweaking, and more time composing.
People Are Talking
Awards, Reviews, and Testimonials
"Rhythmic Textures takes great sounding organic string recordings and pushes them in new directions with creative arranging and processing. The result is a compelling collection of fascinating string performances, easily accessed and shaped for any project."
Game of Thrones, Iron Man, Westworld
From synths to musical beds, there is so much here to get excited about. For me, it hits the perfect ‘sweet spot’ between pre-sequenced loop and actual playable instrument. Two thumbs up, for sure.
"Rhythmic Textures definitely has Heavyocity & Jason Graves' signature all over it, in the best way. The basic bones of it, the actual samples recorded, are ripe with compelling motion, but then the ability to utterly mangle them from there forward is truly powerful. It was a joy to experiment and instantly profoundly useful."
Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Captain Abu Raed, Journey
This collection allows playback of the kind of nuanced string performances one can only achieve from working with live players.
Sample Library Review
"Rhythmic Textures is not a replacement for your string library, instead it is one of those rare sample libraries that inspire ideas from the composer immediately upon playing them. The samples are rich and organic and very realistic sounding. When you play them you are immediately enticed to compose using these moody evocative smaller string ensembles, rich in mood and attitude and ideal for the composer who scores to picture. Best of all, they suggest ideas without dictating them. Highly recommended."
BioShock, Torn, Dante's Inferno
Partnering with Heavyocity to produce Rhythmic Textures made me feel like a kid in a musical candy store. I believe composers will find these instruments both inspirational and extremely versatile.
Dead Space Series, Tomb Raider, Far Cry Primal
THE MAGIC OF CHAMBER STRINGS
Rhythmic Textures takes world-class organic string recordings, and pushes them in new directions. The result is a compelling collection of fascinating string performances, brought to life by our inspired arranging and processing.
We joined forces with award-winning composer Jason Graves (Dead Space Series, Far Cry Primal, Tomb Raider), and acclaimed film score mixer Satoshi Noguchi (Lion, Lone Survivor, Oblivion), to record world-class violin, viola, and cello ensembles, achieving a level of richness and realism unprecedented in a chamber strings virtual instrument.
- 17.2 GB uncompressed (12 GB on Disk with NI lossless compression)
- Available as direct download only
- 2,476 Samples
- 221 Snapshot Presets
- 10 NKIs
- 48 unique articulations across three sections:
- Violins – 16 Articulations: Tremolo Pushes, Bow Drops, Tremolo Swells, Sul Pont Waves, Pulse Waves, Sliders, Tremolo Waves, Rhythm Soup, Pedal Waves, Pedal Swells, Tremolo Pulses, Tense Pulses, Off Echoes, Off Accent, Col Legno Brushes, Raindrops
- Violas – 16 Articulations: Tremolo Pushes, Bow Drops, Tremolo Swells, Sul Pont Waves, Pulse Waves, Sliders, Tremolo Waves, Rhythm Soup, Pedal Waves, Pedal Swells, Tremolo Pulses, Tense Pulses, Off Echoes, Off Accent, Col Legno Brushes, Raindrops
- Celli – 16 Articulations: Tremolo Pushes, Bow Drops, Tremolo Swells, Sul Pont Waves, Pulse Waves, Sliders, Tremolo Waves, Rhythm Soup, Pedal Waves, Pedal Swells, Tremolo Pulses, Tense Pulses, Off Echoes, Off Accent, Col Legno Brushes, Raindrops
- Intuitive Sample Browser
- CYCLE page for advanced granular & rhythmic playback
- MACRO knob for dynamic multi-parameter control
- Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
- Powered by the Kontakt 5 Engine
- Kontakt 5 (Player) ver 5.7 or later
- Komplete Kontrol integrated (NKS-ready)
- Minimum System Requirements
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11 or macOS 10.12 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM
- PC: Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 (latest Service Pack, 32/64-bit) Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4GB RAM
- Rhythmic Textures is uniquely watermarked for each individual customer
- All files in Rhythmic Textures are watermarked using a propriety technology
- Customers may be required to provide their full Identification for authorization purposes
- Heavyocity Media, Inc. will use all remedies of the law, to their full extent, against anyone who illegally distributes/sells/shares the library
- Heavyocity Media reserves the right to modify these terms at any time
- Prices, Watermarking, and Availability subject to change without notice.